Waste & Recycling
- Recycle all paper (but re-use one sided!), cans, bottles, batteries, printer cartridges, etc. A recent waste audit at Williams found that nearly half of what was in the trash could have been recycled, composted or re-used. We can do better!
- Try to use re-usable containers instead of disposable. Fill and use a water bottle, bring your own coffee mug, and take advantage of the re-usable to-go containers at Whitman’s.
- Print double sided. Some public printers have that as the default, but check anyway. Williams Office for Information Technology has directions for setting a printer to duplex printing.
- Avoid printing documents multiple times by paying attention to where you print. Are you sending your document to the right place? Is that printer online?
- Use cloth towels to dry your hands instead of the paper towels in the bathroom.
- Donate unwanted items to Goodwill, the Salvation Army, or another charity rather than throwing them out. If you are a student, participate in Give It Up – the end of the year donation drive when moving out of your dorm.
- Properly dispose of computer related e-waste through the end of the year Green Up computer recycling program.