The Zilkha Center for Environmental Initiatives is pleased to announce a new and exciting opportunity as an entry-level Sustainability Coordinator. This is a one-year term position and is expected to begin in the summer of 2015, and has a possibility of being extended for an additional two years. The Coordinator will focus on running and expanding the Zilkha Center’s student programming and assisting the Director and Assistant Director with communications and outreach. This position will work with existing student groups, manage and train students giving tours of the new Environmental Center, and plan and execute future programs. The Coordinator will also participate in other aspects of the department, but in a secondary role, to gain experience and knowledge.
- Manage Eco-Advisors – our academic year learning/project program
- Assist student leaders with Winter Blitz
- Participate in ROOT – our first year orientation program on sustainability, social identity, social justice and activism
- Establish ongoing relationships and coordination with student environmental groups, activist groups, MinCo, College Council, and Neighborhood Leadership
- Utilize social media, both existing and emerging technologies, for communication and outreach purposes
- Plan and implement new outreach campaigns focused primarily on students
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree and demonstrated experience with one or more of the following: environmental issues, social justice, activism, student programming, sustainable food and food justice, energy, climate change, communication and/or outreach. Some evening and weekend hours will be required. A driver’s license is not required but preferred.
Employment at Williams is contingent on the verification of background information submitted by the applicant, including the completion of a criminal record check, and education when applicable.