Application deadline extended! Applications due Monday January 27, 2020 at 11:59pm.
Root is hiring two student co-directors for Fall 2020. Planning and creating Root is a collaboration among Davis Center staff, Zilkha Center staff, and student co-directors.
The co-directors, in collaboration with the staff, are responsible for:
- Creating and implementing the spring and fall leader training programs
- Developing and monitoring team rapport among Root leaders
- Planning and running the Root program. This includes, but is not limited to, developing the schedule, working with Root leaders and outside partners to develop programming, establishing expectations for leaders, coordinating logistics and communicating with Root participants prior to their arrival
- Supporting Root leaders throughout training and the Root program
- Organizing Root reunions during the 2020-2021 school year
As co-directors, you will be able to:
- Collaborate on decision making and planning throughout the process
- Communicate and share workload – you will be expected to work no more than 8 hours per day
- Jointly contribute to programming related to social identity, sustainability, and environmental justice
- Manage logistics in advance of and during the program
- Plan and run a multi-day program that introduces complex topics
In the past, the Root Directors have each spent about 20-30 hours over the course of the summer planning for Root. Directors should expect to be in contact with staff and available through email, though the work can be done remotely. The Root directors will need to be on campus to work May 25-28, 2020 and return to campus in preparation for fall training from August 30 – September 1, and Root from September 2–September 6, 2020. The Root Director position is paid.