February 9, 2018
Zilkha Center for Environmental Initiatives
The Zilkha Center for Environmental Initiatives is pleased to announce an exciting opportunity as an entry-level Sustainability Coordinator. This is a one-year term position and is expected to begin in the summer of 2018, and has the possibility of being extended for an additional two years. The Coordinator will focus on running and expanding the Zilkha Center’s student programming and assisting the Director and Assistant Director with communications and outreach. This position will work with existing student groups, manage and train students giving tours of the new Environmental Center, and plan and execute future programs. The Coordinator will also participate in other aspects of the department, but in a secondary role, to gain experience and knowledge.
- Coordinate Eco-Advisors – our academic year learning/project program
- Supervise some additional academic year interns and some of our summer interns
- Utilize social media, both existing and emerging technologies, for communication and outreach purposes
- Coordinate with the Williams Record on new outreach campaigns focused primarily on students
- Manage Environmental Center building tours & kitchen trainings
- Facilitate student engagement and education through various methods including tabling in the student center
- Assist with Root – our first year orientation program that focuses on sustainability, social identity, social justice and activism
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree and demonstrated experience with one or more of the following: environmental issues, social justice, activism, student programming, sustainable food and food justice, energy, climate change, communication and/or outreach. Some evening and weekend hours will be required. A driver’s license is not required but preferred.
Employment at Williams is contingent on the verification of background information submitted by the applicant, including the completion of a criminal record check, and education when applicable.
Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Williams College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn and thrive.