On the Williams campus, various groups work together to provide food options for students, faculty, and staff. Dining Services works hard to meet the nutritional needs of the student body, while paying close attention to allergens, dietary restrictions and environmentally and ethically sustainable food options. While the College has not expressly articulated specific goals for food, it does participate in initiatives to source better food and encourage groups to get involved with food on campus.
- Discourage wastefulness on campus, especially in dining halls
- Promote positive relationships between students and dining staff
- Encourage and enable students to make informed decisions regarding their food and its environmental implications
- Research and provide sustainable food options (more local, organic, vegan/vegetarian options)
- Allow open and transparent communication between dining services and the school community